CREATING CHANGE: QUICK THOUGHTS FROM JIM
- An average person has about 60-70k thoughts a day, but the problem is 90-95% of those thoughts are the same thoughts they had yesterday and the day before that
- If you want something brand new you have to stop doing something old: one must do something new in order to see something new
- If you want a new result in your life, you have to do a new behavior
- If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done, but most people can’t get out of their own way
- Stop saying I wish this would change, I hope this will change. Hope is not a strategy: take I wish and turn it into I will
- To create change, try something brand new every single day
- We’re given this one precious life to figure it out, and life can be extremely boring if we stay within what we already know
- If you’re inspired to try something new, try it using the three C’s below
TRY IT OUT! DO THREE TRIES
- We all have something we want to learn—whether it’s salsa, juggling, taking a cold shower
- Remember: first you create your habits, then your habits create you
- Try it once to get over the fear of it
- Try it a second time to begin to learn it
- Try it a third time to work out if you love it or not
- The goal is to understand the process of doing the activity
Think about a change you want to make in your life, and consider the following 3 keys to creating lasting change:
FIRST C: CONSISTENCY
SECOND C: CAPABILITY
- The actual skill and strategy of being able to do something
- Capability usually comes from the Third C, Challenge: as you challenge yourself you develop your skills and strengths
THIRD C: CHALLENGE
- Which challenge comes change: you get better and more capable at something the more you challenge yourself
- When you do the hard things, life gets easier—because you’re getting better, you’re challenging yourself!
- When you just do the easy things in life (like procrastinating), life gets hard
- Life will give you challenges, but once you get to the other side of the challenge, you will be stronger for it
- Through challenges, you develop fortitude, capability, grit, and strength
FOURTH C: COACH
- I’m honored to be your brain coach. I’m here to help you become consistent, build your capability and challenge you to become better
- We’re creating a Kwik Challenge for people who want to level up their brains—there is no fee to join!
- Now is the time to make a change—I will be giving you ten new challenges
- This challenge is for people who want to take knowledge and turn it into power, join a community of people who are ready to make changes in their lives
- Big changes come from making little changes: consistency compounds
- Go to kwikchallenge.com and join us!
- Every week I’m going to be giving you a new challenge!
- I’m going to give you 100%, and I’m going to ask that you give yourself 100% too and do the work
JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
- Check out kwikchallenge.com
- As part of your accountability, you’ll be taking a screenshot during each challenge and posting it on social media so we can see the proof of your efforts
- Use the hashtag #kwikchallenge
- Change doesn’t have to be difficult—it’s little things that add up to big things!
- Get a challenge buddy if you can! We’re more likely to follow through if we’re accountable to somebody else
- At the end of the challenge, you’ll be a master of change and know how to introduce changes and learn skills in future
- Change your brain and change your life, change your life and you can change the world
#kwikchallengeTake a screenshot of this episode, tag us, use the hashtag #kwikchallenge and let me know “I’m in!” for the challenge on social media! Together we can create a movement of people working to create change.Tag us on social media: @jimkwik | @kwikbrain