Welcome to Kwik Brain Challenge #7!
In this episode, I’ll be explaining how this challenge will help you to download decades into days.
The Kwik Challenge is for people who want to create positive change in their lives—to take the knowledge and turn it into power. Change doesn’t have to be difficult. All habit change starts with simple tiny steps, and before you know it you’ll be heading toward a new destination—the little things will add up to something much bigger.
By doing this challenge, you will:
- Boost empathy and emotional intelligence
- Learn to manage priorities
- Become a lifelong learner
- Become mentally alert
- And more!
TODAY’S CHALLENGE: Start reading!
- It’s simple—each day, read for 15 minutes a day
- Episode 4: Read 1 Book A Week (52 Books A Year) Without Speed-Reading!
- Episode 7: How to Read Faster
- Episode 12: 3 Hacks For Rapid Reading (How To Reduce Subvocalization)
- Reading Masterclass: https://jimkwik.com/reading
- Leaders are readers.
- Reading is to your mind what exercise is to your body: one of the best exercises to keep mentally fit is read.
- High performers and CEOs love to read books that take decades of experience to write—you can download decades into days.
- Subvocalization means your reading speed is limited to your talking speed, not your thinking speed.
HOW TO GET MORE READING DONE
- Allocate 15 minutes a day to read.
- We all have the same amount of time, but it’s about how we allocate that time, it’s about priority management.
- Schedule your reading in your diary: we schedule important appointments but rarely do so for personal development.
- One of the ways you show love to yourself is through self-care—do the things for yourself you would want your loved ones to do.
- Reading keeps you mentally alert, gives you great focus, empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Pick a book you can commit to reading until you finish it.
- Some of you likely have a book sitting on your shelf turning into shelf-help rather than self-help.
- At a meta-level, you’re becoming a master of creating your own habits.
- Train your brain through reading and you’ll train and build your life.
SHARE WITH US!
Take a photo of what you’re reading, or take a screenshot of this episode, and post it to social media to share your progress with us!Join in with our One Book A Week Club: #1bookaweekUse the hashtag #kwikchallenge and tag us on social media: @jimkwik | @kwikbrain
- Keep trying this challenge each day—it will train your ability to create new habits.
- This is essential to building a different life—first your create your habits and then your habits create you.
- If you’re able to create one new habit, what else will you be able to do? Possibilities will open up because you’ll be in the habit of creating empowering habits.
- Remember: the treasure you seek is found in the task you’re avoiding.
- Big change comes from little changes: consistency compounds—it might feel like a gradual shift, but you’ll soon find yourself in a different destination (we call it a destiny).
- Don’t forget to go to kwikchallenge.com and join us!